Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Very important suggestion for Autel Engi...
Very important suggestion for Autel Engineers!!

2989 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: 2015-07-29 18:40:04

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy
    2015-07-24 20:04:38
     I know that the common displeasure for Autel customers is inconsistent, and broken firmware......We all work on different makes and models and we can't afford to have a hit or miss platform that leaves us scratching our heads or software releases that do not live up to what the data entails. I would like to make a suggestion to engineers......I suggest that you go all the way back to the original software releases of this unit and..thoroughly start with the original software,and then compare,and test each revision to the old to make sure none of the old functions are lost,and that the new improvements are actually functioning and working and do not corrupt the previous data. A new release cant be considered a new release if it harms,downgrades, or corrupts are previous features.I mean this has to be screened with a fine tooth comb. Making sure that all fault codes are accurate,all service functions cover the entailed models,making sure the older cars are included with functioning parameters that wont leave a tech scratching his head during a reset,live data read, or leave the ecu with a registered error if scanned with your tool. I looked at a Autologic today just to see the speed,the functions,the data  and I wasn't impressed for the 11000.00 price tag, I still feel for the money the Autel is the best WHEN IT IS WORKING!!!!The Launch is ok,but the layout is dorky, and will not display the codes in the first sweep of the scan on some vehicles..Also very confusing as to where to find the features that hold the services needed for some brands. It is fast but also has some data that the Autel does..I especially think the graphing of the Launch scan pad is very slow with waveform...pid values are ok.. I tried to scan a 1994 740 BMW  and I used gt1,it never connected,I used Launch scanpad 101,it never connected,I used the Autel and it did it...each unit was connected to the 20 pin port under the hood.I know this advice may never be considered or even done by Autel,but this is the only way to correct the mess that has happened.Go back,go all the way back and get some engineers that really want to make this tool the best thing and whom are willing to put the time,effort,energy,and heart into WHATEVER is necessary to  really fix it.

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-07-25 01:56:35 (Reply to:912guy)

i totally agree back to ground zero and check everything. at some point it could be somebodys life at stake........

•   Level 5   
    (248) points
    ljs

2015-07-25 02:54:59 (Reply to:912guy)

Very well said we need tools that work not rushed out and that are hit and miss updates that are tested and as near to rite as possible these tool are very good when working rite 

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy
    2015-07-25 06:27:22 (Reply to:ljs)
      yes and I have really done well with it on many occasions but lately it has gotten bad..things removed,missing,and some firmware if it sweeps a certain module will actually trigger fault code...I scanned a Acura MDX 2004 that left a freaking srs fault that couldnt be removed or reset..I used a Launch to reset it....the Autel did scan the unit quickly and  diagnosed the issue but left a fault code in srs. That has never happened to me before but examples  like these are dangerous....This tells me that the software is not tested...at least my assumption...I advise everyone to get some more scanners as a backup to fill in gaps,and corrections......

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-07-25 11:39:31 (Reply to:912guy)

another point Autel might like to know i have just spent another $2500 on other tool updates Autel you could have had that money if you could have got your act together and made your tool what it could be.

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy
    2015-07-26 18:07:33 (Reply to:busaman)
    Yeap and even more will follow...I hope they take heed

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    GEO

2015-07-27 09:10:05

+1
    Totally agree

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-07-29 09:29:32 (Reply to:912guy)

"I tried to scan a 1994 740 BMW  and I used gt1,it never connected,I used Launch scanpad 101,it never connected,I used the Autel and it did it...each unit was connected to the 20 pin port under the hood.I know this advice may never be considered or even done by Autel,but this is the only way to correct the mess that has happened.Go back,go all the way back and get some engineers that really want to make this tool the best thing and whom are willing to put the time,effort,energy,and heart into WHATEVER is necessary to  really fix it."

I'm sure some systems of a 1994 vehicle might be the same as a 1996 and newer model that the Autel does  cover but scanning older pre 1996 models  not covered by a tool ( I only saw 96 and up coverage)  may not be without risk of causing a problem to the scanner or vehicle.
     I was able to scan my OBD1  95 Ford explorer systems (except PCM)entered as a 96 Ford Explorer through the 16 pin obd2 style connecter under the dash, and didn't have any problem.

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy
    2015-07-29 18:40:04 (Reply to:witsend)
     Brother I have scanned a 1987 csi BMW with my Maxysis flawlessly,used the 20 pin adaptor and it did great,(also with a DS 708)thats why these adaptors are included...I know the data claimS 1996 or newer  etc,not true.....The GT1 wouldn't connect to the car either not much difference between the 1995 and the 1994 set up. I was just very surprised the Autel did connect as opposed to BMW OEM GT1......Even the Launch disappointed me that day...but each day is a new lesson for sure in the crazy world of diagnostics...lol
  Total1 Pages